Spy Review – Adams Idea A2 OS Hybrids Irons – Game Improvement Irons
The Adams Idea A2 OS Iron Set was designed to be the easiest set of irons to hit using hybrids. Adams Golf claims that their Idea A2 OS offer the “maximum in game improvement design” and made the bold statement that “long irons are dead.”
Adams may not be as dominant on the professional golf tour but they have made a name for themselves with Tom Watson, American PGA and Champions Tour golfer; when he teamed up with Adams Golf to create the 3 Wedge System golf clubs and has been known to be using the Adams Idea game improvement Irons and Hybrids on the Champions Tour.
The 2, 3 and 4 Adams Idea A2 OS Irons are actually hybrid iWoods. They are designed like woods, while the other irons are hybrid irons. Adams claims that these are "The ideal iron set for the golfer struggling with their mid and long iron shots.” This is due to the longer shafts, lower center of gravity and deeper than your average irons. The Idea a2 OS Irons also have a high launch which increases the distance of your game, while providing forgiveness at impact of the ball.
These game improving hybrid irons could replace all of your irons and woods, minus your driver. The PW has a large sweet spot which allows you to hit shots with great accuracy.
Features of the club:
- Center of Gravity is 11% lower and 2.5 times deeper when compared to conventional irons
- 30% higher MOI (moment of inertia), provides more forgiveness – [“MOI is the term applied to a clubhead’s resistance to twisting when a ball is struck. A clubhead with a higher MOI will twist less as a result of the miss-hit, creating a better chance that the ball will still go where you intended and with less loss of distance.”]
What players have to say about the Adam a2 OS Hybrid Irons
- Easy long iron shot
- Great sweet spot
- Looks good
- Highly recommended for beginners as well as the experienced golfer
- Great price – four hybrids and four irons
- Replaced all my utility clubs
- Hit these better than my fairway woods
- The clubs may feel a little long
You could find a previously used set of 3-PW on ebay for about $220 with covers, and the stock mix of steel shafts on the irons P-7 and graphite shafts on the 3-6.
Grip color: Adams Stock Rubber Black
Shaft: Adams A2 OS Graphite/Steel
Makeup/Loft: Stiff Flex 3-PW (8 irons)
Dexterity: Right and Left Handed
Player type: Men and Women
Flex: Stiff or Ladies